occupations . . .

To: "Landspeed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: occupations . . .
From: "\"LandSpeed\" Louise Ann Noeth" <lanspeed@west.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 19:14:31 -0800
Well, I thought I ought to weigh-in against all the list heavyweights with my
2 cents. I enjoy this list very much and it keeps me tuned to what the lsr
community is doing. This lsr helps when pitching print and broadcast media
story ideas about all you lively and loony speedy folk.

So, with that, here's me . . . .

Louise Ann Noeth, a.k.a. "Landspeed Louise," has been a motor-head
speed freak all her life. Her award-winning investigative, technical
and feature writing, graphic design and photography have been
published around the world through her communications agency, LandSpeed
Productions.

Recognized for her storyteller perspective in her entertaining "Fuel
For Thought" column, she was the first female editor of HOT ROD
Industry News and HOT ROD Hotline at Petersen Publishing Company,
where she also assisted in developing the HOT ROD and CAR CRAFT
Nationals.

A publicist for racing teams, entertainers and corporations through
LandSpeed Productions, her clients have included Craig Breedlove's
Spirit of America World Speed Record Team, General Motors and Jeana
Yeager of Voyager aviation fame.

As a public speaker, Ms. Noeth has delighted and educated audiences on
a variety of topics, including the World Land Speed Record, the
history of land speed racing, fine art photography, tall ships,
Italian art and architecture, Indonesia and Russian River Rafting in
Siberia.

Ms. Noeth toured as a professional auto racer, campaigning a jet
dragster. As one of few women auto writers/racers in America, she has
served on several auto industry technical committees for tires,
suspension and emission controls. And she has participated in
regulatory discussions at the national level which resulted in
administrative policy changes.

As a Citizen Diplomat for the United States, she formulated policy and
implemented procedures that resulted in the first joint US/USSR sports
program, an international white-water rafting competition held in Siberia with
27 participating nations.

Ms. Noeth's art and photography have been exhibited on "The Late Show
with David Letterman," and at many museums, schools and galleries. She
developed & maintains 50,000 image Stock Library which includes numerous
subject headings.

Her journalism and photography has garnered five "MOTO Awards"  and four
Silver Medallions from the International Journalism Conference where
entries are judged on individual merit, against a standard, not
against another. Comfortable and competent behind the wheel of any car or
truck, or on
a motorcycle, she is also licensed airplane pilot, blue-water sailor,
white-water rafter and occasional wing-walker. She holds a PhD. in Reality
Studies from University of Concrete, Planet Earth. Ms. Noeth is a founding
member of the Motor Press Guild and has served as an officer of the
International Motor Press Association.

She is the author of BONNEVILLE SALT FLATS,  published in1999 by Motorbooks
International.
The book was presented with a Silver Medallion journalism excellence at the
2000 International Automotive Journalism Awards. Other comments include:

"This is a great book, I really enjoyed it."
Jay Leno, Tonight Show Host, NBC-TV

"The book does full justice to the little guys who invade Bonneville
every August; it is rich in human stories . . ."
Mick Walsh, Editor, Classic & Sports Car / Book of the Month, UK

"This book is as good as it gets. Noeth's words and images form one of
the best tributes to the Mecca of all-out speed ever written."
HOT ROD Magazine

"LandSpeed Louise has captured the essence of what is magical in the
salt's many attractions for special breed of automotive experimenters
. . .(we) are deeply indebted to author Noeth for her preservation of
that awesome history."
Wally Parks, founder and Chairman, National Hot Rod Association

Partial client list:

General Motors
    -- Pontiac Motorsports
    -- Chevrolet Motor Division
Voyager Enterprises / Jeana Yeager
PROJECT R.A.F.T. -- Russians & Americans for Teamwork
Spirit of America World Speed Record Team
EG&G, INC. / Power systems division
Boeing
TEAMVesco Racing
BWS Racing
Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show
McNish Classic Yacht Race
RACHE Corporation
Strathmore Homes
Channel Islands National Bank
Island Packers
Pacific Vehicle Processors
Jim Hall Kart Racing Schools
Radisson Hotels

PUBLISHED IN:
USA TODAY, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, FORBES, ASSOCIATED PRESS,  CAR CRAFT,  CHICAGO
TRIBUNE, HOT ROD,  CAR & DRIVER, Road & Track, AUTOMOBILE, DAILY
TELEGRAPH/London, CAR/England, CAR GRAPHIC/Japan, TECHNOLOGY REVIEW (MIT), CAR
COLLECTOR, ODYSSEY/Chevron Travel Club,  FOCUS/Germany, BILEN/Denmark,
Scripps-Howard Syndicate, LOS ANGELES TIMES, AUTOPISTA/Spain, FOUR WHEELER,
WOODENBOAT, A.M./Italy, DU PONT REGISTRY, SAILING, SEA,  among others . . .

Employment Background:

Four Wheeler Publishing
Hired 1983 as Investigative Editor
Promoted to Director of Research & Development May, 1984.

Noel Carpenter & Associates Publishing
Hired 1981 as Associate Publisher & Editor

Petersen Publishing Company
Hired 1980 as Editor-in-Chief
HOT ROD PERFORMANCE & CUSTOM DIRECTORY
HOT ROD HOTLINE

Professional Auto Racing
1976 to 1980 Team Member
Green Mamba Jet Dragster

AFFILIATIONS:

Motor Press Guild, founding member
Society of Automotive Engineers /SAE
S.C.T.A/B.N.I. - Southern California Timing Association
UFSRA - United Salt Flats Racing Association
Ventura County Fair / Photography Judge Youth Division
Theosophical Society of America
Santa Clara Church Adult Choir, 1st tenor
Kodak Professional Network
Nikon Professional Services
State Tallship Californian

RECOGNITION: