Occupations

To: "Land-speed Racers" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Occupations
From: "Marge and/or Dave Thomssen" <mdthom@radiks.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 19:35:05 -0600
Dave "the Hayseed" Thomssen, Lincoln Nebraska.  Geologist in dirt and water.
40 years with an engineering company involved with water resource cleanups
and development, design of anything on the dirt-dams, roads, railroads,and
buildings.  Married 42 years to my best friend Marge who does not like
racing but puts up with it. Three kids, 4 grandchildren.  Drag raced since
1954.  Raced flatheads and ARDUNS and put some numbers in the record book.
More details in ARDUN Bill's interview of Nov 12 posted on this list.  Since
the interview we discovered both ARDUN's had a broken center main which we
replaced with steel main caps before anything was injured.  The  manifold
description in the interview covers some of the discussions lately. We
actually broke good friend ARDUN Doug's record with the big box blower
manifold without the blower with just a plate and a carb on top.   Picture
of the car and me in impound on Landracing.com under Speedweek Pictures Aug
16 3rd row 3rd pic. To add to the discussion next year we're going to try an
"E" motor made out of 289 Ford stuff.

Land speed racers are the greatest people on earth.  Your competition will
give you parts to help you break their record.  Where else could this
happen?  Land racing is more fun than we ought to be allowed to have.