Re: Doug Odom

To: Glen Barrett <speedtimer@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Doug Odom
From: DOUG ODOM <popms@thegrid.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 21:08:25 -0800
Glen; First let all the SCTA people know how much I appreciate the fast
and professional work in getting to my car and me after the tip over. If
anyone has a video of the run I would very much like to see it. The car
came though with only body damage and the broken front axle. As for me,
I can honestly say I don't have a sore spot on my body. I built the seat
in my car to fit tight and I didn't move around at all. The belts didn't
even leave a mark. My helmet fits around my glasses so tight that the
lenses came out and cut my cheeks and nose. That made all the blood and
really look bad. I started racing sports cars in 1964 and raced stock
cars on everything from 1/4 mile dirt to 2 1/2 mile super speedways and
never got on my head before. I always heard if you race long enough and
hard enough you will get upside down someday. Sure hope you only have to
do it once.    Doug Odom in big ditch