the prisoner who stole fake rocks in Alabama

To: "Wester S Potter" <wspotter@jps.net>, "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>,
Subject: the prisoner who stole fake rocks in Alabama
From: "The Backus's" <34ford@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 20:50:04 -0500
Okay, okay, since I got this started, I guess I have to tell the joke I
heard MANY years ago.........
Seems there was this new prisoner, got sent up for stealing fake rocks from
his place of employment in Alabama. The first night, the old prisoners
started yelling out numbers, like "4" and everyone would laugh, then "12"
and everyone would laugh. The new prisoner who was in there for stealing
fake rocks asks "what are you guys doing?" they told him "we all know all
the jokes, so we numbered them to save time, go ahead try one". The new
prisoner yells "10", no one laughed. The old prisoner (who was in there for
fencing fake rocks) sez "well, some folks can tell a joke and some can't"

John in cold Cincy