Re: BACKASSWARDS ? THAT HAS BEEN DONE !!!

To: "Glen Barrett" <speedtimer@earthlink.net>, <FastmetalBDF@aol.com>
Subject: Re: BACKASSWARDS ? THAT HAS BEEN DONE !!!
From: "Jim Dincau" <jdincau@qnet.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 18:55:10 -0800
     The rules say "mounted in a conventional manner" just because of those
cars.
      The reason rear engine roadsters went backwards is because of center
of gravity being aft of the  center of pressure in the lateral plane. They
were arrow stable going backwards just like most lakesters and top fuel
dragsters are now if it weren't for wings and fins.
Jim in Palmdale