Re: Superbird/Daytona

To: SaltyCuda@aol.com
Subject: Re: Superbird/Daytona
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2000 10:19:17 -0800
List,

Jim is correct, Jim Fredricks is quite a guy. A retired Border Patrol
Officer, he started running at Bonneville late in life. At the time Jim
& Larry Lindsley were running a Super Bird and helped him get his "Ducks
in Line". Bob Sykes Sr. was the engine builder. His sons Bob Jr. and
Jeff are both competitors at Bonneville.

I believe this car is in Harrah's Museum. Jim had some health problems
several years back and gave the car to them. Later he attempted to get
the car back and could not. Jim lives just thirty miles south of
Redding, he still comes to the Salt when he can.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/GCC