Re: MUROC ??????

To: Jonathan Amo <webmaster@landracing.com>
Subject: Re: MUROC ??????
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 06:59:07 -0800
Jon,
I talked with Pres. Mike at El Mirage. It seems that SCTA is split down
the middle on whether to attempt the meet this year. The Feds want $5000
per day to  allow us the use of the lake bed. At present a decision has
not been made, but dates have been secured in case it is decided to hold
the meet. He said that it is almost as easy to put on Speedweek as to do
Muroc, very labor intensive.

Personally, I would pay an extra $50 on the entry to help absorb the
cost. Hopefully Mike, or someone on the  Board will respond to this
question. Mike did say that doing a yearly meet is probably the only way
we can keep our foot in the door. Even then it is at the mercy of
whomever is in control in the coming years.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/GCC