Re: Entry Fees

To: "Bryan A. Savage Jr" <basavage@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Entry Fees
From: Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 18:53:43 -0800
Brian, List,
There is a breakdown of expenses given after World of Speed to each member
of USFRA who attends the monthly meetings ...  primarily the workers who put
on the event.  It's a need to know situation but I can assure you that the
expenses are carefully weighed before any money is spent and we work every
insider deal we can to save money.  If the workers were paid $5 an hour for
the time they put in before, during and after a meet, the racers wouldn't be
happy to afford to pay the entry fees.  As was mentioned a NASCAR rule book
is $800 ...   How would you like to be paying the "racers" share of the salt
restoration project?  Reilly wanted half a million from the racers at the
beginning of the negotiations.  Just thank NHRA, SEMA, Wally Parks, Ray
Brock and others who came up with the money to pay the attorneys who saved
those charges with their research.
Wes