Re: Entry Fees

To: Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net>
Subject: Re: Entry Fees
From: "Bryan A. Savage Jr" <basavage@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 11:11:21 -0800
Wes, List,
I'm sorry if my note gave the impression that I was questioning the validity
or trustworthiness of ANY of the people or groups that put on LSR events.
I wouldn't do Glenn's job for any amount of money (well now that they have
AC maybe) nor would I touch Dan's job with your 10 foot pole.
I just thought having the facts available would be very educational for many
of the Racers. Glenn talked to me years ago about some of the unusual
problems such as "how do you buy a 5 mile piece of wire" .
More significantly is the horrendous amount of time spent by some of the key
people. Example: What company was hired to design and build the timing
trailer ?
If it weren't for the extraordinary efforts of a small group of people,
these events would not happen.
I just thought there might be a better way to inform newer folks than
listen to war stories from people like me.

Bryan Savage