Re: Rust

To: "Felton" <daf@2xtreme.net>, "L S R" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rust
From: "Nafzger" <nafzger@vtc.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 18:57:16 -0700
Don,
 An engine rebuilder that I know well says the way he gets frozen block
drain plugs out of blocks is th heat the area around and including the plug
with a torch and then push a candle into the plug area and the wax will wick
into the expanded thread area and allow the plug to be backed right out once
it cools. I'm sure some experimenting will be required to get the correct
temperature. Too hot and the wax will vaporize and not work correctly.
 The guy has been real straight with me in the past BUT I HAVE NOT DONE THIS
MYSELF..
Howard