Re: Rust Busting

To: dr.piston@worldnet.att.net, popms@thegrid.net
Subject: Re: Rust Busting
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 12:54:49 EST
      Thanks, James ...... I' ll have to try some of that !  I used to use
some
stuff called " Tasgon ", made by Cabot' s,  back in the 50s and early 60s .
It was nasty smelling stuff that looked like super dirty, thin motor oil, but
it
really was great for rusty nuts n' bolts, etc .  I haven' t seen any in a
long
time ...... it must have gone to the same place as Bardahl,  Wynn' s
Friction Proofing Oil, and OilZum CRYSTAL  motor oil  ......
       Oh yeah ...... the Speedtimer is RIGHT :  Coca Cola used to work
pretty well, too .....  I had forgotten all about wiring little juice cans of
it
under the rear end housing, and soaking the U - bolts in it overnight !
       Sounds weird ...... but it worked !
               Bruce     where the temp has warmed up to 20 *