Re: Rust Busting

To: <FastmetalBDF@aol.com>, <dr.piston@worldnet.att.net>, <popms@thegrid.net>
Subject: Re: Rust Busting
From: "Richard Fox" <v4gr@rcn.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 10:25:28 -0800
When removing studs from 32 Plymouth blocks I heat the stud to red hot then
allow to cool. Studs screw right out. No penetrating oil I have tried works.
When disassembling a Graham supercharger that the aluminum impeller had
stuck to the cast iron housing I soaked it in hot water. Softened up the
scale and moved things around enough to free the impeller from its shaft.
Rich Fox