RE: Traction

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Traction
From: brian falkner <falken@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 22:19:22 +1300
Blizzard Bob Wanner Wrote;

<<The local highway dept here in Yorktown Hts,N.Y. is using a new product
applied to the streets 10 hrs before a snow storm to cut down on salt/sand
spread as it supposedly deters ice/snow adhesion. What i noticed is the
traction when its dry.I took out the sentra w/ 5 spd and only spun the wheels
when well over 3000 rpm's (dumped clutch). Does ECTA allow surfactants on the
track? I would think considering the relatively short track, and top speed
being the goal,it might be an option.In my case,my car is small and light and
traction aids would be more beneficial from the surface.But,it (ECTA)  is
concrete and probably has plenty stick,no?( nice conversation i just had with
myself,eh?).

OH yeah,the stuff is a brewery by-product mixed with brine and
when wet smells mildly like a firehouse toilet ............Bob, about to be
blizzarded, Wanner>>

88888888888888888888

I know what it is Bob!...its  Budweiser!...fits the Kiwi description
to a "T" ....and...you've been drinking it, havn't you!..
..dont know how cos it tastes just like it smells.. :)

Happy Noo Year!
BDF @  40 * S  -  172 * E