Dear Observers ( Used to be Lurkers)

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dear Observers ( Used to be Lurkers)
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 05:36:07 -0600
Hey Don was that Politically correct?

Guys and Gals as the case maybe.... ( checking is still optional )  If you
are sitting by the side lines here... you are gaining a bunch of
knowledge... but you are not Participating in our sport...  Let me give you
an example....

Dale walked up to me at the last meet and introduced himself at Maxton....
his Statement was something like this " I am a lurker on the list... just
didn't feel like I had anything to add"  Of course I poo Poo'ed that Idea
instantly... EVERYONE has something to add.... even if you have never been
to Bonneville you have Ideas that are worth something.... Even if your ideas
get shot down and you have to establish a new set of Ideas you joined in and
participated.... you joined something you found of value... and you
Learned...  maybe even made us stop and think....and that is never a bad
thing...

My Point is this... Sitting on the sidelines is Fine.... none of us has a
problem with that.... but all of us wish you would jump in and join the
banter... even if you wanna take a poke at my Drivers suit.... at least we
get to know you a bit... Then when you walk up at a Meet and introduce
yourself.... we know who you are....

We don't care about HOW you say something.... in this age of communication
it's what you have to say not how you say it... Spelling still don't
count.... in 2 years No one has ever said a word about someone misspelling
something .... We honestly care about your thoughts...

With the New Year here today.... Make the resolution to Jump into the
fray.... become a part of the List... make some new friends... Let us enjoy
your love of the sport...  The first step can be a short introduction and a
bit about yourself... or it can be a simple Question ....

Thanks for reading this far.... NOW it's Your turn.... My fingers are
tired....

Keith Turk ( the So Al
Special.... )http://downtown.ala.net/~kturk/camaro3001.htm

This isn't like walking up to the front of the class in Grade school....
none of these folks are going to make fun of you for trying to speak your
mind.... or to ask a question... Look at Ken Bond and how much he has
learned by stepping up and asking questions.... or Dicky J....  Honestly I
suspect Guys like Tom Bryant and John Beckett have learned a ton here too..