RE: Quick Wheelbase question

To: <FastmetalBDF@aol.com>, <ddahlgren@snet.net>, <saltrat@pro-blend.com>
Subject: RE: Quick Wheelbase question
From: "George Mitchell" <americanpartnerinrussia@starpower.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 20:41:42 -0200
Wooops ! - the other Monza. I was thinking of the Monza that seems to be so
plentiful in ALT.
I was trying to get a fix in my mind on comparable body styles.
No, I am not thinking of changing at all. I was looking at a picture of a
Monza and thinking that it was about the same relative shape as the 924 I am
building . The 924 has a big back glass hatch that I am dealing with right
now , but I actually think it might help. For the aerodynamicists(sp) out
there on the list , does that bit of additional "hump " that effectively
extends the roof ,do you think it helps or hurts? This is the way that a 924
Porsche is shaped from the factory. Whenever I see wind tunnel test there
always seems to be a fattening of the layer of air as you get past the door
pillars.
 I was thinking that it would eliminate the airs tendency to tumble as it
reachs for the spoiler . Am I thinking wrong?
 George in DC
Ordered tires today for Maxton. Goodyears for the front -- Part number you
all suggested and a set of Hoisers for the rear. The guy who owns the shop
is a roadrace buddy of mine and suggested them.We went through a number of
options and decided to give a set of tires from Indiana a try. They are
shaved and about half of the tire is a slick. DOT sticker, Z rated, 25.2
inches in dia and 175 a piece. I will give em a try. With the nitrous that I
intend to hit the tires with I figure the slick portion might help. Can you
say 2 stages?