Rules

To: "land-speed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rules
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 07:20:55 -0500
It has been said that there is a rules meeting in Jan. What
do I have to do to bring up a rules change for the
Wankel(aka rotary) engine size factor for serious
discussion? It has been e-mailed to death all over this
group and to many individuals with all sorts of information
to support it. can this be done via e-mail? if so to whom? i
honestly think that waiting another year is a complete
dis-service to the members of the LSR community that are
interested or might consider building a car that uses on of
these cheap and readily available power plants.

So how is it done?
Can it be done?
Can it be done by phone or fax or e-mail?
Is there any interest in changing this rule?
Is there any information lacking that has not been passed
around on the net?
Does anyone that makes the rules have any questions at all
or is there any info that I have left out in all the
e-mails?
Out of the people that have been included in this e-mail is
anyone that helps make these decisions been left out?
If so how are they contacted?

I am hoping for a free exchange of ideas on this subject
with some honest thought involved that is based on facts not
history and personal feelings. I personally find it very
hard to believe that FIA and SCCA is all screwed up in their
use of engine factors of 2.1......... They have very good
engineers that work on these subjects on a regular basis and
represent both national and inter-national competition.

If the answers to the above questions are no there is no
interest and there is no desire to change anything or even
consider any change for the benefit of the LSR community or
to align SCTA with the rest of the world, please do me a
small favor, actually two small favors.
First is let that feeling be known publicly on the net at
this e-mail group accompanied with the reasons why it can
not or will not be changed along with the facts that made
this decision the correct one.

The other favor is small but personal, please leave off any
personal attacks. I am not up to another tirade of being
called a "Hot Shot wanna-be engineer" or sending out a bunch
of crap! I do at times find great humor in it though when i
watch Speedvision and ESPN and cars that I have supplied
parts, done design work or personally tuned are very busy
winning.....

Dave Dahlgren