Re: Ballast & Handling

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Re: Ballast & Handling
From: "Dan Warner" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 06:33:51 -0800
Keith,

Your thoughts on the wheelbase, long vrs. short, are on track here.

Long is relative though, a real long car - 300" wb with a G or H motor is
not the answer. It is also not needed. Expierence has shown that with a well
engineered package the longer wheelbase is better.  Air managment from half
way back along the sides and over the rear of the car is also as important
as air managment at the front of the vehicle.

Of course there are some classes that restrict the wb and therfore the
package. If there were no rules to separate the classes we would be racing
under David Parks suggestion from last year. The fastest of the fast would
win - one record, one trophy

Dan W!