Re: Rear Engine T's

To: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear Engine T's
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 06:29:00 -0800 (PST)
So what's wrong with Time/Only?  If you're
running to test a theory, or just to satisfy your
own self, and you aren't chasing a record, T/O
seems like a good place to run.  Besides, if you
got a couple of guys running rear engine Ts in
Time Only, and they chase each other for a year
or two and make a bunch of safe runs, it might be
a lot easier to convince the rules guys to
consider putting the cars back into their
historical classes.

dick j
dick j

--- ARDUNDOUG@aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 01/03/2001 5:04:17 PM
> Pacific Standard Time,
> tfc1932@hotmail.com writes:
>
> <<  how could you get to run a long 27 rear
>  engined car as a mule in what class, lakester?
> just some thoughts from a
>  newbie >>
>
> Group,
>     Unfortunately, as I read the rules, there
> is no place presently for a
> rear engine roadster unless it is allowed to
> run "time-only". I wanted to
> build one several years ago that was patterned
> after the Speed Sport Special
> and run it both at the nostalgia drags and LSR
> events. It seems that Special
> Construction classes (Streamliner and Lakester)
> cannot be based on a
> production body. With Modified Roadster
> restricted to having the engine in
> front of the driver the car would have no class
> to run in.
>                                         Ardun
> Doug King

=====