Re: Dan Warner

To: "tim schoeny" <tschoen@fuse.net>
Subject: Re: Dan Warner
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 16:07:39 -0600
Shoot Tim.... I think the ECTA is Easy....Talk to John Beckett...Bill
Mackey... Lionel Williams... Joe Timney....  and if your still on your feet
then....maybe something will change....

Being on your feet is directly Proportional to the amount of Beer one
brings to the Inquisition.... K

----------
> From: tim schoeny <tschoen@fuse.net>
> To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>
> Cc: Dan Warner <dwarner@electrorent.com>; land-speed@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: Dan Warner
> Date: Thursday, January 04, 2001 3:35 PM
>
> This disscussion (how rules are made and changes/suggestions handled) has
caused
> me to ask the same question of ECTA.How does one impact the ECTA
process?In
> general I don't have any serious problems with the status quo-but I have
no idea
> who's in charge of what concering the process.Dan's insight on SCTA was
very
> helpfull-would someone from ECTA comment on their process?
>                                                 Tim Schoeny
>
> Keith Turk wrote:
>
> > First and Foremost I didn't mean to put you on the spot  Dan.... You
also
> > are a Volunteer... and someone I consider a Personal Freind... Just by
Being
> > here and helping out with questions you lend a Tremendous Credibity to
this
> > Group... and For the Benifet of the new folks here.... I am sure I
speak for
> > the masses when I say " Thank you" I have said it before many times...
but
> > it deserves to be said more often...
> >
> > Thank you for taking the time to explain this  to us Again....
> >
> > Keith Turk ( hey Dan.... I do appreciate it...)

This is
> > > in the registration/impound area. It is not a requirement that this
form
> > be
> > > used.
> > >
> > > There is published in the rule book a rule change cutoff date, this
is
> > > usually the end of October. This gives me time to collect all the
> > requests,
> > > put them into order and prepare the rules committee members for up
coming
> > > meetings. We generally have two meetings in November to discuss and
> > > formulate proposed rules changes.
> > >
> > > I then put these changes into the format they will appear in the
rulebook
> > > present to the Board of Directors for voting at the first meeting in
> > > December. This will ensure that the rulebook can be published in
January.

> > > There is a published list of Committee Chairpersons in the SCTA
> > newsletter,
> > > the Straightaway News. These people can be contacted for any rules
> > > clarifications or suggested change input. The head tech persons for
2001
> > > will again be Steve Batchelor for cars and Dale Martin for
motorcycles.
> > > Their contact information can be found in the 2000 rulebook. If they
> > cannot
> > > answer a question they can point you to the correct committee for a
more
> > > detailed explanation. All committee and board persons are unpaid
> > volunteers.
> > > Unfortunately we cannot force a volunteer to become internet active.
> > >
> > > With the advent of the internet and this list our little world has
become
> > > ever smaller. Way back in the '70s when I started LSR the rules were
done
> > in
> > > one night by two people from Southern Cal. and approved without
question.

> > > Our rules committee now has representation from each category,
Special
> > > Construction, Vintage, etc., the USFRA and the ECTA. Through email
ideas
> > can
> > > be freely exchanged and valuable input from the entrants evaluated.
> > >
> > > Plans are being formulated for 2001 to improve the process by
addressing
> > > each suggestion as it is proposed and becoming proactive. We will put
all
> > > valid change suggestions out to committee for review as it comes in.
This
> > > way the suggested change can become a solid recommendation with input
from
> > > the originator and other interested parties.
> > >
> > > When making a change suggestion it is helpful that you do some
research.
> > > Indicate the old rule and why you think it should be changed with
> > > suggestions as to how it should be changed.
> > >
> > > I think I have run on enough - if there any questions pertaining to
the
> > > rules process, please feel free to post them.
> > >
> > > Dan Warner

Lee
> > > Kennedy <leekenn@pacbell.net>; Dan Warner <dwarner@electrorent.com>;
Mike