Re: New Member on the list

To: FastmetalBDF@aol.com, kturk@ala.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New Member on the list
From: Want1937hd@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 00:16:19 EST
Thank you Bruce, I've been getting some of the emails forwarded from Bruce
for a few months. One on my New Years resalutions was to join the LSR List. I
did turn 50 just before Christmas, but don't plan to act it. I still have my
first issue of HOT ROD, and remember putting down those two quarters inJuly
of 1961 like it was yesterday! Someone mentioned the Bob Markley tank
yesterday. I went and found my December 1962 issue of HOT ROD and it is on
the cover, to this day that is still a hot looking car to me. The blower
scoop is magnesiun I think and looks much more businesslike than aluminum.
The 1937 Harley deal needs to be explained, I'm really a car guy, and FORD is
my brand. Dad bought a 45 cubic inch Harley new in 1937, and I want one now.
They are rare and a bit overpriced for what I found, so I'm picking up the
pieces one by one (thank you eBay) and will have most of the hard to get
stuff in a month. I had a nice chat with Bob Wanner who is on the List and
about 45 minutes away. Do you like "It's a small world" stories? i told Bob
my dad sold the bike to a bike shop a few towns away from Bob, and that the
building was still there. Tonite Bob called to report that is was still
there, and owned by the son of the fellow my dad sold the bike to! You know
were I'm headed this weekend. I need to get a rule book for building a LSR
car! It always looked to ne that you could run ANYTHING as long as it was
built safe. Can you? Bodies and engines and stretched chassis all is fair? I
always thought a straight eight Buick with a chorusline of exhaust pipes in a
track nosed Bantam coupe would look neat. Can I narrow the body, and make a
REAL modified? Could I take the US MULE  and run it as a LSR car? I don't
know is I have to pass any sanity test to get into this. You guys are the
judges. Happy New Year!