Re: Rotary Factor - Rule Change

To: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Subject: Re: Rotary Factor - Rule Change
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 18:26:17 -0800
Dave,
I personally think that Mike was eloquent in his dissertation about why
we are where we are with the rotary engine. I don't want to flame, but
it appears that you have appointed yourself the expert in this
discussion. That's OK with me for I know very little about the rotary, I
do, however, have a friend that runs one at the Lakes and Bonneville in
a Fiat Roadster. He has had problems with the motor, but I have not
heard a peep out of him about the rules being unfair. NOTE - "Real
racers build cars to fit the rules, not the other way around."

I think what you are missing here is that the SCTA is an Organization of
Clubs, each club has its representative and the representatives carry
the wishes of their membership to the meetings. I'm certain that
suggestions from the outside are welcome, have been received by the
board and rules committees and will be weighed accordingly. I say this
because I have served on the SCTA rules committee and have seen how the
process works. Ultimately, it is the SCTA Membership that makes these
decisions.

I don't appreciate the critical comments about the SCTA. I would not
presume to tell John and crew @ ECTA how to run their organization. If I
participate there, and I plan to someday, it will be in a class that my
car fits and if there
isn't a class to my liking then I won't bother to make the trip.
Remember the SCTA is a volunteer amateur group that has survived for 61
years because level headed people moved slowly when changes were made. I
think that you have made your point, anything more becomes a campaign,
possibly it already is.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/GCC