Re: Rotary Factor - Rule Change

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rotary Factor - Rule Change
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 22:33:47 EST
In a message dated 01/05/2001 6:29:51 PM Pacific Standard Time,
saltracer@awwwsome.com writes:

<<
 Dave,
 I personally think that Mike was eloquent in his dissertation about why
 we are where we are with the rotary engine. I don't want to flame, but
 it appears that you have appointed yourself the expert in this
 discussion. That's OK with me for I know very little about the rotary, I
 do, however, have a friend that runs one at the Lakes and Bonneville in
 a Fiat Roadster. He has had problems with the motor, but I have not
 heard a peep out of him about the rules being unfair. NOTE - "Real
 racers build cars to fit the rules, not the other way around."

 I think what you are missing here is that the SCTA is an Organization of
 Clubs, each club has its representative and the representatives carry
 the wishes of their membership to the meetings. I'm certain that
 suggestions from the outside are welcome, have been received by the
 board and rules committees and will be weighed accordingly. I say this
 because I have served on the SCTA rules committee and have seen how the
 process works. Ultimately, it is the SCTA Membership that makes these
 decisions.

 I don't appreciate the critical comments about the SCTA. I would not
 presume to tell John and crew @ ECTA how to run their organization. If I
 participate there, and I plan to someday, it will be in a class that my
 car fits and if there
 isn't a class to my liking then I won't bother to make the trip.
 Remember the SCTA is a volunteer amateur group that has survived for 61
 years because level headed people moved slowly when changes were made. I
 think that you have made your point, anything more becomes a campaign,
 possibly it already is.

 Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/GCC

Tom,
    Well stated. It couldn't have been said better...........Ardun Doug King