Rules voting - motorcycles

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rules voting - motorcycles
From: "Dan Warner" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 11:09:47 -0800
Following are highlights of the board vote on motorcycle rules held last
night, all rule changes will be in the 2001 rulebook.

Sect VII, 2A - Entry numbers must be a min of 5" high and 1" wide. Class
designation characters must be at least 1" high.

Sect VII, 2G - Foot controls must be operable with feet on footrests. Only
one set of footrests allowed.

Sect VII, 2J - add to end of 2nd sentence - "by an area equal to at least
25% of nominal rim circle area."

Sect VII, 2S - Add 2nd sentence - "Exception: OEM configuration in
Production Classes only."

Sect VII, 3C - delete - "suitable for motorcycle use."

Sect VII, 4B - add "PV - Production Vintage class"

Sect VII, 4D - delete - "Classes and Engines" matrix
                        add -
                        P            P,PP,PS,PV
2000                    1
                        M           All except omega
2000                    1
                        MPS                "
2000                     1
                        A                     "
3001 & above       2
                        APS                "
3001 & above        2
                        S             All
3001 & above        2
                        SC          All except P,PP,PS,PV & omega   3001 &
above        2
                        SCS        All
3001 & above        2

Sect VII, 5A, 11 - add - visible data acquisition equipment is permitted

Sect VII, 5B, 11b - add- Seat or tail section must conform to partial
streaming rules.

Sect VII, 5B, 12 - move last sentence to follow "edge of rear tire."

Sect VII, 5C - Bold type last sentence, paragraph one.

Sect VII, 5E, 6 - replace "Chair or Platform" with "Sidecar"

Sect VII, 5E, 7 - replace entire item with " Wheelbase and Track:  must be
not less 32" and wheelbase between 50" and 110".

Sect VII, 5E, 11 - replace entire item with "Passenger Accommodation:
Sidecar platform must be able to accommodate a kneeling passenger. Minimum
dimensions are 12" wide by 32" long."

Sect VII, 5F, 4 - insert the following and renumber subsequent items -
"Production Vintage: Same as Production but must have been produced prior to
1956."

Please contact the head of motorcycle tech, Dale Martin (818) 842-2132 home
& fax, if you have any questions.
I'm a car guy, every motorcycle I ever had tossed me to the ground. I don't
want to give any of our motorcycle racers the wrong information.

Dan (gust of gravity) Warner