WRONGWAY BODIES ALREADY DISCUSSED HERE

To: Want1937hd@aol.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: WRONGWAY BODIES ALREADY DISCUSSED HERE
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 16:32:35 EST
:
Subj:     BACKASSWARDS ? THAT HAS BEEN DONE !!!
Date:     11/30/00 5:12:14 PM Pacific Standard Time
From:     FastmetalBDF
To:     jdincau@qnet.com, land-speed@autox.team.net

      Jim,  You said you can' t mount a roadster body backwards for
streamlining .
I am sure that is very true ...... nowadays  !   However, this  HAS  been
done !!!
      Some years ago, I saw an article on the dry lakes, and there, big as
life,
was a photo of a ' 29 roadster with the body actually mounted BACKWARDS  !
      This was a meet in the post war years, or early Fifties, and I think
it might have been sanctioned by either Russetta, or  Cal - Neva ,  and the
car looked ridiculously stupid, as you can imagine, and the caption under the
pic mused about what length would these ( crazy ) hot rodders go to .......
to make their race car go faster .......
     As dumb as it looked, it might have made that oddball ride a wee bit
faster,
and I wonder if anyone else on the list ever actually saw this car at the
lakes  ?
     This would have been a REAL head turner ....... and ran  LONG before
drag racing' s backward bodied " Back Up Pickup ", and the name of the fun
loving team that ran it must have settled into the dust of that dry lake many
moons ago .   We won' t see another like it ever run  ....... but as they say
nowadays ........ somebody has " Been there ..... Done that  "
Truth is stranger than fiction   /   There' s nothing new under the sun  /
                               They said it couldn' t be done
      Bruce