Additives

To: "land-speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Additives
From: "Chris R Harris" <yesford@clear.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 09:58:53 +1300
Compliments of the season to all on the list, thinking positively, 2001 is
going to be a great year.

New subject additives. What is the lists opinion on the subject, do you have a
favorite, are they strictly 'mouse milk',  most certainly don't stack up to
the claims made, some definitely do help. The one I use in my manual trans and
diff on the roadster (definitely not the engine though) is Slick 50. My
experience here was using a heavy rotary slasher on the farm. Powered by a 100
hp tractor, these very basic slashers swinging a heavy hub with 4 swinging
blades, had a simple right angle bevel gear box between the PTO shaft and
blade. In heavy going that box would get stink'in hot, couldn't touch it,
always used the recommended oil. The addition of Slick made a huge reduction
in box temperature, thats what convinced me it was doing its job.

Lets hear your opinion including others like good assembly lubes or other
special brews you have for particular purposes, there has to be plenty out
there.

Chris Harris  New Zealand.