Allowing Overbore

To: "land-speed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Allowing Overbore
From: "Jonathan Amo" <webmaster@landracing.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 18:48:56 -0700
Currently the rule for the motorcycle class lets them increase cyclinder
bore to .020 over for minor block reconditioning, beyond the maximum
displacement for engine class.

Now this came about for the older vintage guys that parts were not to be
found anymore, allowing them to minor reconditioning them. and them was
allowed for all motorcycle classes.

A few years ago when we were running the GPZ 1350 class..... nevermind
thats a whole new story....

If this is allowed why not use it. who cares about minor reconditioning,
why not take advantage of the displacement anyway by using the .020
over. Lets says I have a 598cc bike that puts me in the 650cc class,
there is an overbore kit that puts me (for example) in the 614cc range,
why not go one step further and make it a 660cc (for example) within the
.020 over range. Now that wasnt a minor reconditioning that was a major
overhaul.
Is there a rule stating you cannot do that? In the rule book it does not
say or specify. It just says minor reconditioning? Define Minor
Reconditioning??????
And who is to judge what is minor or not? That could be based on
opinion????

Jonathan