Fw: More old stuff

To: "landspeed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: More old stuff
From: "glen barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 16:40:05 -0800
----- Original Message -----
From: glen barrett
To: Bruce
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2001 4:39 PM
Subject: More old stuff

What the devil have you started. The only reason I even got into this old
stuff because of a roadster with the body on backwards is because it's raining
and I was looking for something else and found the following . If you have the
book The American Hot Rod by Dean Batchelor you will find pictures of a 27 T
roadster built by Manual Butkis around 1950-51. It ran 148 mph. It was said to
turn heads in the pits as it was being pushed around. If you think they were
confused the poor timer was really confused the first run.

Next. Bill Kenz (Kenz-Leslie Fame) At the first Bonneville meet Bill Kenz
showed up with a truck. Twin engine. One in front of the cab and one behind.
This would be the forerunner
to the Famous  #777 Kenz Leslie Streamliner

Now for another rear motored car, Hannon & Whipp ran an air cooled 4 cyl Mod.A
in thieir 34 coupe. Speed was 115 mph. This was found in the Dean Moon Book.

I forgot what I was looking for now.

Glen (glad to be part of it)