Re: Welding skills

To: "The Butters Family" <bbutters@dmi.net>, "Dick J"
Subject: Re: Welding skills
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 00:28:59 -0600
Kvack.... I like your logic here.... But lets define a pretty weld as one
that has total penatration and is a Proper weld... not under cut and not
sitting on top... both of those will break...

Trust me I own industrial equipment in my rock shop and my hero's out back
can bust about anything.... That ole Vibrator is in about the worst
environment you have ever seen.... and I have repaired my own Junk welds
that might have been pretty so I know what your saying....

The one good thing about the stick is that you can in fact get penatration
into Heavy Metal with a cheap buzz box.... Something that is about
impossible with a Cheap Mig welder... though Brad and I have done some
amazing work with my SP 100....

The Tig can get some amazing heat in a piece of metal... I have done some
3/8ths plate with my 245 square wave Tig and it will get both sides of the
weld truly hot.... for real penatration...

Brad took a class in this whole deal and comes by and gives me pointers....
it's amazing what I can learn from a single comment....

Keith