Re: [Re: Arduns Big and Little]

To: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>, John Linville <bellytk@nh.ultranet.com>,
Subject: Re: [Re: Arduns Big and Little]
From: Phillip Landry <saltracer@netscape.net>
Date: 11 Jan 01 17:52:00 PST
Hey Dick,
I understand that little V8-60 we had was originally built in 1937 as that was
the only year for the tin sides. We gave the motor to Robert Parent (on this
list) for parts mostly. Phil

Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com> wrote:
I got to see a tin sided V-8 60 when I visited
Phil Landry's house with Gary Ferstl last summer.
 They had one sitting in the driveway and I got
to take a good look at it.  The most awsome thing
about this little motor is the welding which
holds the tin sides to the cast block.  The welds
are so perfect that they look like a long zipper.
 When I think of the equipment and technology
that was available to do that welding back in the
thirties, I recognize that the welding is a great
tribute to the man who did it.  He was a true
artist!

Dick J