Re: Motorcycle front-end Geometry

To: "List Land Speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Motorcycle front-end Geometry
From: Henry Deaton <hdeaton@verio.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 09:53:51 -0800
Thanks for the comments Ed. The bike in the picture is just an example,
it's not my bike. So far my bike is just a pile of tubing and some good
intentions. Well, there's also some wheels, a motor, and a couple of other
things.

Your comment about dirt ruts has got me thinking. Those fast dragbikes only
run on fairly smooth asphalt, and I know that the dirt at El Mirage and the
salt at Bonneville can develop ruts. So, probably I should be looking at
something that's more of a compromise between a dragbike and a streetbike.
Maybe a rake angle in the low to mid 30's? As Keith has pointed out, the
Hossack front end is very adjustable. So it shouldn't be to big of a
problem to dial in a few more or less degrees of rake to fine-tune the
handling, if need be.

Henry