Re: Motorcycle front-end Geometry

To: "Clay, Dale" <Dale.Clay@mdhelicopters.com>,
Subject: Re: Motorcycle front-end Geometry
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 16:18:44 -0600
Henry... I am throwing this opinion out there based on nothing but my
concept of how to go fast and try and be semi reliable....

I went to the Website and checked out the front end.... try as I might I
couldn't see how the steering was applied to the front end.... nor could I
see the real benefits from it over a simple triple clamp/ conventional Folk
arrangement....

I guess what I am trying to say is could you enlighten me as to the
advantages of a system this complicated....

Keith ( big fan of the KISS principal )

----------
<land-speed@autox.team.net>
> Subject: RE: Motorcycle Front-End Geometry
> Date: Thursday, January 11, 2001 4:01 PM
>
> Henry,
>
> I don't have much experience with "lay down" bikes but those numbers are
> pretty close to what fuel bikes run and they're up around 230 for blown
> fours and 200 for twins.
>
> With the limited amount of travel required, I doubt you need as
complicated
> a suspension as that, but if you want to play with it ...
>
> Dale
>
> Hey Dick J. is that your 300K mile bemmer in the photo?

I've