Re: Welding

To: <Nt788@aol.com>, <saltrat@pro-blend.com>, <joetimney@dol.net>,
Subject: Re: Welding
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 11:24:05 -0600
You really have to go back to my original statement here Jack because I
agree with you....  Joe doesn't have a Mig... and I have seen his average
welding skills...( on my best day after ten years I might make one of his
worst welds )  It's all about Penatration of Metal... and how well it's
stuck together.... I have done many many good Mig welds and would have NO
fear of using them in a Race car application....

But I am also enjoying learning TIG welding and can see where it's a good
deal... Personally I am going to use which ever welder works the best at the
time for a particular application...   I even enjoyed Ardun Bill's
disertation on Gas welding... and have done just a little of that this
year... it's just what works best when Brazing a Header...

Keith