Re: computer help

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: computer help
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 13:38:12 EST
In a message dated 01/13/2001 10:08:12 AM Pacific Standard Time, Want1937hd
writes:

<< Ok Doug, Computer question #2. When someone attaches a photo with an
email, and I want to download it sometimes I see it other times it never
shows up or is "lost" inside my computer. Any help is welcomed! Bob >>

Bob,
    It looks like you're an AOL customer the same as me. You should have a
<download file> icon on your desktop (screen). Usually AOL uses the <download
file> as the default location when something is attached to an "E" mail. When
you click on <download now> it automatically suggests that destination for
the attachment. This will be shown as <download in>. You can click on the
destination and change it (for that download) to any of the drives, floppy
disk, or another location on your "C" drive.
    If the <download> icon doesn't appear on your desktop left double click
on  <my-computer> or <windows explorer>. Go to your AOL file (4.0, 5.0, 6.0
etc) and left click on its icon. Among the files displayed will be the
<download> folder. Right click on the <download> icon and a drop-down box
will appear with several choices including <create shortcut>. Left click on
<create shortcut> and a duplicate icon will be created and appear somewhere
near the folder. Drag-and-drop the new icon off to the side of your screen.
It will then appear every time you view your computer screen desktop (the
normal stuff that appears when you turn on the power).
    If you're looking for a lost picture file (which hopefully you gave a new
name to or remember the old name), left click on <start>, then <find>, and
type in the name. Your Windows will then look for the file,,,,,Ardun Doug