Re: slippage

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: slippage
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 18:06:02 EST
In a message dated 01/13/2001 1:50:07 PM Pacific Standard Time,
RAWAWA@aol.com writes:

<< A while back someone had some believable percentage losses in traction at
 various venues ie; the best was maxton's concrete followed i think by Mirage
 and Muroc Dirt and the Salt last.... Would any of the Scientists on this
list
 care to guesstimate losses/gains due to altitude,air density,humidity,et al
 (not So Al). AND,where is this South America 20,000 ft. high Salt lake
 ?.........Bob Wanner

Group,
    I've always used 2 1/2% total slippage (drive train & tires) with the C-4
tranny (tight converter) at El Mirage, Muroc, & Bonneville and my tach and
timing slips are pretty close........
                                            Ardun Doug King