Re: slippage

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: slippage
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 22:43:28 EST
In a message dated 01/13/2001 3:54:45 PM Pacific Standard Time,
nafzger@vtc.net writes:

<< Doug,
  My memory is almost the shortest thing I have but if I remember correctly
 on our first liner it was between 1 1/2 and 3 percent depending on the salt
 condition. Real wet salt with spots of standing water put it up close to 3.
 Howard

Howard,
    That sounds about right. You probably had better instrumentation to track
wheel spin than I do. I remember when I took my "spin" in about 1990 there
was standing   water in the middle mile as shown on the tape of my 180 deg.
"ride". The traction in the wet spots was so poor that even with our limited
horsepower I was "pedaling" the throttle just before I
"lost-it".................Ardun Doug King