Re: Liberty Ships

To: Ed Van Scoy <edvs@uswest.net>
Subject: Re: Liberty Ships
From: Joe Timney <joetimney@dol.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 09:39:41 +0000
Ed,

Near the end of the war, there was a steel shortage and several ships were built
on both coasts and with similar results...it didn't work! There is a hull, or
what is left of it near Sunset Beach, outside of Cape May, NJ where it beached
itself after a Nor'easter' storm tore it loose from it's mooring. As a kid, we
played on it, today it is just a couple of lumps on concrete on the beach.

joe