Re: Lore and - - - ( WHAT IS THIS ??? ) TURK' S HEAD !!!

To: RAWAWA@aol.com, landspeedracer@email.msn.com, kmb2@humboldt.edu,
Subject: Re: Lore and - - - ( WHAT IS THIS ??? ) TURK' S HEAD !!!
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 18:24:23 EST
       Hi Bob, You never told me you were a KNOTHEAD !!!  Now we know !
Do you know how to tie a " Turk' s Head on a Carrot Bend ? "
     NOT  JOKING  HERE, folks !!!  .... I got to know a lot of ex-submariners,
surface craft sailors, including the " shallow water sailors " ( Navy term
of endearment for Coast Guard members ) and professional riggers in my
time around those underwater marvels, and these guys can do amazing
things with ropes and lines of many types and sizes .... one of my favorites
was that Turk' s Head deal ..... they would weave brand new rawhide
shoelaces for boots into a fancy looking deal for slipping on your belt to
hold your key ring on your hip ..... There were other ship usages for
the Turk' s Head knot, though ..... navy stuff I don' t know ......
     Still got a couple ..... don' t think I' ve used them in 25 years or
more !          THAT  REALLY  WAS  the name, and ( SPARE ME  THE  JOKES ! )
           NO,  they did NOT come in PURPLE  !!!      also, please .......
 NO lines about one of our troops here that is  FIT  TO  BE  TIED  !
                 Bruce

K :  see how I stick up for you !