memories

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: memories
From: Scott Cowle <scowle@mentorcollege.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 11:06:59 -0700 (MST)
  I remember all of this except a radio station in Buffalo, which we got the
reception to in Toronto, played the Shadow on Sunday nights and I used to
lie in bed listening to it in the dark before I went to sleep.I grew up in a
safe neighbourhood where in the early sixties the milkman still came around
and we never locked our doors at night, I'm not lying, and he would just
walk in around 8 a.m., open up the fridge door and put the milk in and no
neither I or my brothers look like him.It is called trust, something we are
losing and we will be the worse for it.Later on in the sixties there was a
guy in the neighbourhood who had a 340-69 Dart and he would do burnouts for
us little tykes if we were out on the street playing road hockey,(where you
had to stop about every five to ten minutes for passing cars-I still
remember us yelling"car!") when he was going by. My father and grandfather
only owned one brand of car and of course that was Chrysler so I come by it
honestly. I lived in a leave-it-to-beaver world and that ain't all bad after
all.
Scott