Re: Valve Clearances

To: Jonathan Amo <webmaster@landracing.com>
Subject: Re: Valve Clearances
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 12:57:51 -0500
Nope.. generally if you tighten them up you might get a
little more top end, and same for adding clearance for
bottom end.. But not much and on a lot of stuff the extra
lash just beats things to death.. If you have a good
cylinder head, and your stuff does, any cam within reason
works just fine. If i was going to experiment with your deal
i would be looking at cam separation more than fiddling with
lash changes. That will make a bigger diff than anything
else you might want to try.
Dave Dahlgren