Re: Grand National Raodster Show

To: <Drylakercr@aol.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Grand National Raodster Show
From: Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 00:41:14 -0800
on 1/18/01 9:01 PM, Drylakercr@aol.com at Drylakercr@aol.com wrote:

> There's a nice LSR display at the Grand National Raodster Show in San Mateo,
> CA through Sunday (formally, known as the Oakland Roadster Show): Mike
> Corbin's bike, Dennis Varni's belly tank, Dave Brant's car along with the
> Bonneville Unified School District push rig, and Leonard Pitt's Firebird. ( I
> sure hope I got all of those names correct--if not please forgive me).
>
> There was a roadster in another display that ran in 1953 or 4? at the salt
> under the number of 533, I think.
>
> Land Speed Louise gathered the cars and bike for the event. She is there
> signing her book-good to see you, Louise!
>
> Also Monte Osborne has a really cool "40 Ford tub" displayed that he made out
> of a two door sedan. Thanks for the tickets to the set up night, Monte!
>
> Just thought I'd let you all know about this furthering of PR for our
> wonderful racing community--
>
> Katie Young Cortez (the teacher who ventured out on a school night to go to a
> car show)

Katie, List,

Also the '32 roadsters belonging to Stan Wanlass and Dick Rodwell from the
Salt Lake area ... but not the beautiful'32 they ran at World of Speed and
Speed Week.  I look for Stan's car to pick up some awards ... really got
some attention at the L. A. Roadster Show.

Tanis and Seth Hammond really enjoyed visiting with Stan last Saturday night
after the awards party.  They were finding it interesting that both had cars
in the Rod and Custom 100 best hot rods for 2000 special booklet.

Wes