Grand National Raodster Show

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Grand National Raodster Show
From: Drylakercr@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 00:01:33 EST
There's a nice LSR display at the Grand National Raodster Show in San Mateo,
CA through Sunday (formally, known as the Oakland Roadster Show): Mike
Corbin's bike, Dennis Varni's belly tank, Dave Brant's car along with the
Bonneville Unified School District push rig, and Leonard Pitt's Firebird. ( I
sure hope I got all of those names correct--if not please forgive me).

There was a roadster in another display that ran in 1953 or 4? at the salt
under the number of 533, I think.

Land Speed Louise gathered the cars and bike for the event. She is there
signing her book-good to see you, Louise!

Also Monte Osborne has a really cool "40 Ford tub" displayed that he made out
of a two door sedan. Thanks for the tickets to the set up night, Monte!

Just thought I'd let you all know about this furthering of PR for our
wonderful racing community--

Katie Young Cortez (the teacher who ventured out on a school night to go to a
car show)