Re: I Received Same Virus with the Same Name

To: FastmetalBDF@aol.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: I Received Same Virus with the Same Name
From: Daniel Wright <daniel.wright@genetics.utah.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 08:43:42 -0700
Bruce
Glad to be of some help. Why anyone would get a kick from sending viruses
to folks they don't know is beoynd my comprehension. I have the resources
of the University of Utah's excellent computer support staff to verify the
authenticity of virus problems befor I put the word out.  That keeps me
from spreading bogus information and perpetuating hoxes.  As for checking
to see who sent such, I always have "show all headers" turned on on my
machine, but there was nothing that gave any real information about the
origin of this virus containing email.  I even had the guys from computer
support look to see if they could determine from where it came, but nada.
I suppose that if I was sending malicious stuff I would try to conceal my
idenity also, ya think??

I am still making models.  I was thrilled by Glen's compliment that mine
were as nice as Ugo's, that is quite a compliment.  Ugo's models set the
standard that I strive to equall.  I have nearly completed the sculpting of
the Tom Thumb Special, and also the McBride and Moreau 'liner.  These and a
couple of others will be ready for Speed Week. Currently avialable are
Danny Boy, EZ Hook, Burkdoll, Costella Special, and Ken Kloth's '49 Merc.
Looking forward to seeing Black Radon on the Salt in '01.

 At 04:37 PM 1/22/01 EST, you wrote:
>       Thank you for the alert about that virus email you were
>  I have been sent email with that very same name about seven or
>eight times over the past two to three weeks ..... but did not recognize
>the name of the sender ..... so I was suspicious and did not open it, even
> I wonder if others on this
>   Is there any way to trace
>the ORIGIN of a virus such as this ...... it has to start SOMEWHERE !
>     I know this may seem a very naive question to some of you computer
>whizzes here on the list, but I thought I would ask, anyway .......
>     I also wonder if it just a mere coincidence that at least two of us
>on this land-speed list have received this destructive email ?
>     The misguided people who do this should be found and brought
>to task for this .......
>      Makes you wonder why people do things like this ......
>  On a lighter note ....... I hope you are still making those great LSR
> I would like to get several
>of them when I save up some of my " loose change ! "
>      Bruce in sunny, snow covered New England
Dan Wright

It's amazing what you can do if you don't know it can't be done.