Re: Burklands Streamliner

To: ardunbill@webtv.net
Subject: Re: Burklands Streamliner
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 09:17:05 -0500
Bill I have absolutly no clue what you are talking about I
never said or even inferred that I knew a bunch about
Burklands setup other than it sounded real 'right'...

 What's with the attitude.. geez i just don't get it..

 I did say i did know more than a little bit about tuning
race engines and getting that so called perfect tune up. It
can be done and requires a lot of time and effort both at
the design and testing stages. these efforts are time
consuming and very expensive. if you read anything more into
anything I have said about it then you read it in i never
wrote it... Sorry to offer you or anyone else anything I
have ever learned racing for free that many teams hire me to
figure out for them on a daily basis.

The statement you made about the details involved to prepare
a car like that is very true.. I would love to know what the
torque curve he finally arrived at for best acceleration , I
have my own ideas of a good one for LSR racing that has
proved itself out very well on numerous occassions. I would
love to know if Tom and I are on the same track with that as
i have never had the pleasure to have that much power at my
disposal in a LSR car to date...

Have a wonderful day......
Cosworth/Nissan/Ford/Ferrari/Porsche/Yamaha/Rotax/Chevy/Kawasaki/Mazda/Chrysler/Blown/Turbo/Fuel/Gas/Nitrous/NA/DOHC/SOHC/Rotary/Pushrod/EFI/Carbs/-Dave