Working on the Car

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>, FastmetalBDF@aol.com, saltracer@awwwsome.com
Subject: Working on the Car
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 06:52:34 -0800 (PST)
It finally got warm enough that wrenches won't
stick to my hands, so I went out to the shop
after dinner last night and worked on the Camaro
for a while.  It sure felt good.  I've almost
finished changing out the rear end and installing
urethane bushings on all spring mounts.  Man,
those things ought to make a helluva difference
in handling even if I didn't do anything else to
the car.  When I took the springs off, I could
move the rear of the leaf spring from side to
side about a foot while the front was still
bolted in place in the old rubber bushing.  With
the new urethane bushings, it's a strain to get a
couple of inches, and I think most of that is
from spring flex, not from bushing deflection.
Weather holding, I should have the car back on
all four by the end of the weekend, then I'll
start with changing out the cam and valve train,
and installing the new fuel system.

I'm starting to get speed fever and first race is
about three months away.  For you young guys,
that means a whole lot of patient waiting.  For
us older guys, that means it'll be here before ya
know it.  I don't know if it has anything to do
with Einstein's theories, but time sure does move
a lot faster as you get older ! ! !

=====
*         Dick J          *
*    (In East Texas)      *