Re: NOS

To: John Beckett <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: NOS
From: Joe Amo <jkamo@rapidnet.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 21:16:57 -0700
John, just think about it alittle,  your pressue drop will be similar even with
the 15 lb bottle, provide you had more than a little gas left in the bottle.
Remember that one approach is to pressurize the nitrous bottle with another gas,
like Dahgren did, somewhat costly but does keep the pressure up.

As far as bottle heater goes, will mostly keep pressure consistent at the start
of the run, and will contribute little further down course.  But it help
tremendously to start at 1050 vs 700 or 750, why give away 300 lbs of pressure
drop right off the bat? that might give you at least another mile, depending on
your hp combo, as  these orifices are what regulates pressure drop to a large
degree

Have you thought of ensuring decent bottle pressure at each start ie around
1050psi, then incorporate another bottle with decent pressure to "be turned into
the system" by a solenoid LATER in the run, then you would at least augment and
bring up the pressure by some margin, to get you through the run with enhanced
pressure until the natural gas law takes its toll again, and equilibrium between
the low and high pressure bottles takes shape.     Nitrous Express has a
pressure
transducer regulated bottle heater, I have one now, would have been a god send
at
WOS.

Joe