LLOYD BAKAN 32 COUPE and L A CHICKS

To: boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: LLOYD BAKAN 32 COUPE and L A CHICKS
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 01:31:47 EST
     DIRTY  DOUG :  Welcome back !!!  Where ya been .....TIBET ???
           I  remember the Lloyd Bakan deuce three window .......
I  took some photos of it back in 1957, when I was living in Los Angeles .
      It was at a very nice car show in the parking lot at El Camino
Junior College, and the photos ( color ) were taken with my first camera,
one of those old box type ones that you flip the top to the viewfinder up,
and hold it almost down to your belt buckle when you shoot the pic .
     I didn' t get my trusty Leica 35mm until my tour in Germany in 1959,
and it was still on the job at Speedweek 2000 last August, and at the
Ty Rods in September ...... when I saw you .   Burned up a tremendous
amount of film on cars in that time period ....... many of my early 60s
drag photos should be going into Arnie Shuman' s SECOND volume
on New England hot rodding history ...... you have seen some of them
on display at the Stroker' s Club annual meet .
       That maroon 32 coupe of Bakan' s was a very nice machine ......
even if it  WASN' T channeled !  I managed to get some other photos
of rods and customs that day that " just happened " to have four very
sharp looking girls around 18 to 20 years old in the background !!!
       I would like to see what they look like today ...... or ???
 I'm pretty sure that the coupe still looks much the same as back
then ....... even though those girls and I don' t !
      Time marches on ....... and that was 44 years ago !!!
                Bruce
PS :   Are you coming to the CT Dragway Slide Show in Wallingford
next month ?  We have a few guys on this list that have already
said they will be there ...... Bob Wanner ( was there before ),
Bob Swanson, Tony Injector Greco, and just maybe Joe Timney,
and John Linville  ???
PPS :   Also used the Leica to take some nice shots, from my front
yard, of the VERY  LAST  sunset of the Twentieth Century,
over Long Island Sound .......
           Sure won' t be doing that for the Twenty First !