FIM Records

To: "land-speed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: FIM Records
From: "Jonathan Amo" <webmaster@landracing.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 00:05:00 -0700
List,

After reading Keiths comments on learning a little then spill alot.
Well I decided to get some info from the FIM site concerning the
motorcycle records.
Of course I skipped alot of the technical stuff for tomorrows reading, I
went straight to the records. I found that for one the its Catorgey this
and that, goup this and that.
But after converting the km/h that they give (currently the most current
on the site is april 1997) I found that for the most common motorcycle
FIM doesnt even offer a class over 1350 cc, so that puts any bike over
1350cc in catagory II which is another story.
Anyways in the conversions I find that the records are pretty low for
the flying mile speeds. Example Guthries Speeds in the 750cc class which
he owns several are all around 10 - 15 mph more than the FIM records
(naturally aspirated), im looking into the rest of the documents
tomorrow and Im hoping our friend Malcolm across the waters will answer
some questions.. This can get very interesting.
I hope to have a full report for publish on the records for the
motorcycles and hopefully understand their brake down on classes.

Jonathan Amo
http://www.landracing.com