Re: Pics from Nitrous Express Explosion

To: John Beckett <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: Pics from Nitrous Express Explosion
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 07:03:55 -0800
That is true, John. Don't leave a bottle in direct sunlight at the Salt.
I knew better, but, quite often, attention gets diverted to other things
at the races. I'm not certain what the pressure relief is, but I suspect
pressure disc blows out in the neighborhood of 1500 lbs.

Another experience I had with nitrous was the solenoid not activating
when turned on. This can happen with too much pressure in the bottle.
Either too warm or too full can cause this.

I have learned what I know about NOS from "experience", we had some good
and some not-so-good days. When I started running NOS, not too many were
doing it successfully. One thing to note about the pressure drop, at
least the mixture is moving in a safe direction.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/(presently)GCC

John Beckett wrote:

> Dave
>
> What I don't know is what pressure the safety valve should be set for? I
> believe Tom Bryant mentioned his going off in his trailer at one time.

[This message delayed, as it needed manual intervention by the list
administrator.  mjb.]