Re: N20 - pressure drop

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: N20 - pressure drop
From: "Hyatt Engineering Ltd." <Hyatt-Engineering-Ltd@fuse.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 05:58:18 -0500
John,
What is the pressure drop situation ?  What are the symptoms that have been
observed ?
Due to my lack of experience I tend to rely heavily on theory (which can get
me into trouble), but in theory there should be no pressure drop at all
until the nitrous is consumed, nitrous being liquefied at its' vapor
pressure (unlike air or oxygen which approximating ideal gasses, will drop
in pressure in proportion to consumption).  Is the rapid consumption
chilling the nitrous tank and thus reducing the vapor pressure ?
Best regards,
Greg

[This message delayed, as it needed manual intervention by the list
administrator.  mjb.]