Re: One Roof...

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Re: One Roof...
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 08:09:27 -0500
Other than check the fuel seal if needed and pump the engine
how much is there to really do? can do the old seal the
engine till the end of the meet and tech then. Could
actually add a 20 buck or so contribution to Save the Salt
or whatever the racing venue needs for donations so it is
not an above the usual fee deal if you set no other records.
And if you are not interested in the record well so much for
that don't get teched and don't claim it.. At maxton might
be the new clocks or new tower fund or safety crew equipment
fund.. i personally think a 12 pack of Bud Lite before the
inspection is appropriate fee, LOL I am willing to bet for
the most part that everyone that gets the terminal speed
record probably set one anyway. Any thing that gets added
would have to be from a teched car.. other than one that
runs a fuel class with no upper engine size. If that is the
case what is there to tech after a run. If I run an engine
that is 800 inches blown on fuel what would you tech after a
run?????? Would you check the correct number of wheels
remaining after the pass ? everything else has been done at
tech when you got there. been there done that with John
Goodman, have started with a car and finished with a 3 wheel
motorcycle without a crash..
Dave Dahlgren